Full-time position. Berlin or Europe remote, please only apply if currently residing in the EU or UK. Competitive salary & generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you will love.
We are seeking an exceptional Engineering Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to join our growing Team. To succeed in this position, you must be able to work independently and efficiently. You will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and be responsible for a team of 5-10 engineers in the beginning. We will make sure you have fun along the way!Key responsibilities include:
- Authoring project plans for epics and running agile project management processes. Breaking down product ideas and roadmaps and formulating them into projects for execution.
- Providing guidance and coaching to team members on technical contributions, product architecture, and other areas.
- Actively seeking and hiring globally-distributed talent; Conducting managerial interviews for candidates and training the team to do technical interviews; Holding regular 1:1s with team members.
- Generating and implementing process improvements; Improving product quality, security, and performance. Flagging roadblocks & bottlenecks in real-time.
- Fostering technical decision-making on the team while making final decisions when necessary.
- Drafting quarterly OKRs and Engineering KPIs; Ensuring efficient resource allocation.
- Being in charge of Ticket organization, outlining, and streamlining while managing timelines
- Ideally, you will have the time to contribute 20% of your time to developing code and helping finish projects where the allocation needs to be done.
The starting date is as soon as possible. However, we are willing to wait for the right candidate. And will do everything to accommodate your needs.
After the initial conversation with our recruitment lead, You'll walk through four stages:1. Get to know each other:
You’ll speak with Hermann
, CEO & Co-Founder, first. We use this to pitch Gigs and get you excited to join. We'll also use this chance to see whether both our expectations align.2. Meet the team:
You'll get to meet our engineering team members and company leadership. We value team fit over everything else. This also gives you the chance to see whether you'd enjoy working with us.3. Final conversation:
The team and you are going to chat more about the position, what you value, what you took away from the interviews so far, and whatever is on your mind.We are mindful of your time:
Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all we will extend a formal offer.